Public Meeting about the proposed MacKays – Peka Peka Expressway
– Do you knowwhat you’re really getting?
– What’s in it for Kapiti?
– Is it a done deal?
– Your opportunity to ask questions.
Where: El Rancho, 24 Kauri Road, Waikanae (signposted from Waikanae)
When: Thursday 19th August, 7.30 pm
Why: The proposed Expressway is THE election issue
As the local government elections approach, ASK (Alliance for a Sustainable Kapiti) is convening a meeting where:
- Experts deliver objective technical information
- Politicians can present their views.
- The community can refine their opinions to be expressed through the election.
The following experts will provide information and perspectives:
- NZTA representative presenting the conceptual design (to be confirmed)
- James Lunday, an urban planner from Common Ground Ltd, reviewing the current conceptual design from a sustainable development perspective
- Ben Ngaia, Chairperson of Takamore Trust, reviewing the current conceptual design from a tangata whenua perspective.
The following politicians have been invited:
- Minister of Transport Steven Joyce
- Mayor Jenny Rowan
- Members of the Greater Wellington Regional Council Transport Committee:
Nigel Wilson, Paul Bruce, Judith Aitken, John Burke, Barbara Donaldson
- Local MP’s and those with transport portfolios:
Nathan Guy (N), Darren Hughes (L), Winnie Laban (L), Gareth Hughes (G)
Content of the evening:
Directions to the venue: