The Kapiti Independent invites poets to submit entries for its second big poetry competition.
The prize is a good one — $50 of vouchers to spend at Coastlands PaperPlus, plus the bookshop’s choice of the ‘Book of the Month.’
The initial prize was won by Cherllisha Silva for her poem ‘The Western Link.’
In our photo, her friend Sue Jamieson is shown accepting the prize on her behalf. (Read more: ‘Poetry Prize Presented at PaperPlus,’ August 14)
- Poems should be short (no more than 20 lines) and be previously unpublished.
- Poets from the Kapiti Coast, Porirua and Horowhenua are all eligible.
- The winning poems — and some of the runners-up from time to time — will be published in KIN.
- The winner will be selected each month by our in-house literary panel of three.
- Send your poems by email to: ‘The Kapiti Independent Editor at ‘firstname.lastname@example.org”.
Poems should be on an attachment. But do not put your name on your poem. This ensures judges do not know whose poem they are assessing.