The Kapiti Coast District Council (KCDC) has responded to criticism by the Very Revd. John Murray about a lack of publicity for Waitangi Day activities.
It says: “Staff advise the following, some of which appears in this week’s Observer in the ‘Kapiti Update’ section:
“Advertising of the event has been organised including:
- · Emailed invitations which includes programmes distributed through databases
- · Editorials developed to run in papers leading up to the event on specific activity
- · Full Council advertising in Ōtaki and Kāpiti Updates – this week and next week
- · Radio advertising to commence
- · Posters displayed in shop windows at main shopping centres (except Coastlands who have strict guidelines on what they will allow in their windows)