KAPITI DISABILITY CENTRE30th July 2010
Who are we…..The Disability Information & Equipment Centre is a free community service that provides accurate and up-to-date information on disability and disability support services and equipment.Contact us for….
- A comprehensive Disability Support Service Directory, travel, transport and recreation information
- Specialist knowledge on services including information on building access, education, employment
- Hire and purchase of equipment eg: Kitchen & bathroom aids, scooters, wheelchairs, walker strollers
- Community contacts, and presentations to groups about the Disability Information Centre and our services
- Computer to access relevant websites and make disability related enquiries.
We have been given an opportunity for our Wellington centre to move to a great location in Wellington City. From the 6th of July the centre will be based at:
138-140 Wakefield Street,
PO Box 24393, Wellington
Phone: 04 4995 567 Fax: 04 4995 568
Our Kapiti Centre remains at 15a Ngahina Street, Paraparaumu.Total Mobility Scheme
We are one of the assessing agencies in the Wellington Region for the Total Mobility Scheme. The transport programme is for people who have difficulty using buses and trains. It is designed to increase the independence and mobility of people with a disability by providing half price taxi travel in place of public transport. For more information or to check if you may be eligible please contact us.
- Dressing and bathroom aids (eg: Sock aids, handrails, reaching aids, Incontinence Products & bidets)
- Kitchen aids (cutlery, can/jar openers, plug pullers)
- Mobility aids (Walking sticks, stoppers, walkers/strollers, wheelchairs & mobility scooters)
- Merino/Possum socks & gloves
If we do not have what you are looking for; we can usually source the equipment or product for you.
Discount for Grey Power members
For Grey Power members we would also like to offer a 5% discount on the total amount (rounded up to nearest dollar) on any new equipment/aids up to the value of $50.00. To be eligible for the discount you need to show us your current membership card.
Please come in and check out our show room at our:
Wellington DIEC, Anvil House, 138-140 Wakefield Street, Wellington
Call us on 0800 69 33 42 or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We’d love to see and hear from you