By Jim Webber
I recently listed the contents of our ‘grab bag’ — the last thing to grab as one heads out of one’s creaking house.
And here it is, ready for the ‘Big One,’ neatly packed in a zippered bag (mine’s an 18-litre actually)…
- A gas lamp and spare gas, spare cellphone (charged)
- A list of phone numbers (including insurance company)
- Wipes and toilet paper, pills and medications (sticking plasters etc) for at least a week
- A small LED lantern and focusing LED torch
- Large sharp knife (remember that Survivors movie?)
- Bottled water
- Energy snacks
- Cigarette lighter
- Battery radio
- First aid kit
- And a CD or USB flash drive, with valuable up-to-date computer files.