plain flour (plus extra for dusting)
tinned tomatoes (drained and chopped)
dried chilli flakes
fresh parsley (chopped)
fresh basil (chopped)
butternut squash (peeled cut into cubes)
fresh thyme (leaves only)
salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 230C/450F/Gas 8.
- For the pizza dough, place the flour, salt and olive oil into a large bowl and mix well. Add enough warm water to make a soft but not sticky dough.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead briefly. Roll the dough out to make a circle 0.5cm thick and place onto a non-stick baking sheet.
- For the tomato sauce, place all the sauce ingredients into a bowl, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and mix well. Spread the sauce evenly over the dough circle, leaving a thin border around the edge.
- For the topping, heat the olive oil in a frying pan and cook the butternut squash pieces, garlic and thyme for 5-6 minutes, or until just tender. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, then sprinkle the topping over the pizza base.
- Transfer the pizza to the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the base is crisp and cooked through.
- To serve, place the pizza onto a serving plate.
Thank you BBC Food Recipes! — and the Save Animals From Exploitation recipe pages.