If you would still like a go at the latest challenge, scroll down to September 27.
- Remember that no correspondence, computers or cell phones may be entered into!
- Answers below.
- New Zealander Tony Simpson’s book The Sugarbag Years focuses on which decade of the 20th century? (1930s)
- Which ice dancing couple caused a sensation at the 1984 Winter Olympics with their performance to the music of Bolero?(Torvill and Dean)
- Guillermo del Toro is a film director, celebrity chef or football star? (film director)
- Which political party did Bruce Beetham represent? (Social Credit)
- In which of Shakespeare’s plays did a leading character say … the play’s the thing
Wherein I’ll catch the conscience of the King? (Hamlet)
- Captain Queeg was a character in which 1951 Pulitzer Prize winning novel? (The Cruel Sea)
- Name the three hurricanes that recently battered the Caribbean and the southern United States. (Harvey, Irma, Maria)
- Where did the Orient Express start and finish? (Paris to Istanbul)
- Trees are able to warn other trees of danger from insects and animals. True of false? (True)
- Who composed Finlandia? (Sibelius)