- If you still want to have a go, scroll down to March 2.
- Remember that no correspondence, computers or cell phones may be entered into!
- Answers below.
Which Australian sports team is called The Matildas? (The women’s soccer team)
- The use of which word in Italy usually attracts the response “prego”? (grazie)
- Which conference of great powers redrew the map of Europe after the Napoleonic Wars? (Congress of Vienna)
The wife of Bath is a character in which famous work of English literature? (Canterbury Tales)
- What is the subject of this year’s Academy Award winning film? (Investigating sex abuse in the Catholic Church)
- Which word for an Asian currency also means to have a craving for something? (yen)
Last weekend’s opening of the Super Rugby saw the three best New Zealand teams in last year’s competition all lose. True or False? (False)
- Which category of living things has the highest number of species on the planet: insects, fish, birds or mammals? (insects)
- What position did Warren Harding hold in the early 1920s? (President of the United States)
In the interaction of tectonic plates what is a subduction zone? (The boundary where plates meet: one rises, one sinks.)