- If you would still like to have a go at the ANZAC quiz, scroll down to April 25.
- Remember that no correspondence, computers or cell phones may be entered into!
- Answers below.
- What do the letters ANZAC stand for? (Australian and New Zealand Army Corps)
- Which later Governor General of New Zealand won a Victoria Cross in the First World War? (Bernard Freyberg)
- Name the island in the Mediterranean Sea where New Zealand troops fought a rear-guard action against German troops in World War II. (Crete)
- What colour is the peace poppy? (white)
- What name was given to men would not fight in the World Wars because of their pacifist beliefs? (conscientious objectors)
- The New Zealand Navy assisted the Americans and the British in the Iraq War. True or false? (True)
- Complete the line in the song, It’s a long way to Tipperary it’s a long way to go.
In which war was the New Zealand J Force involved? (Korean War)
- What is the Maori name for the National War Memorial Park in Wellington? (Pukeahu)
- Who was prime minister at the time of the return of the unknown warrior? (Helen Clark)