The seventh quiz of 2018 can still be attempted by scrolling down to February 14.
- Remember that no correspondence, computers or cell phones may be entered into!
- Answers below.
Which two American states feature in the titles of the following songs: Sweet Home Alabama, Hotel California.
- What is the family link between Kim Jong-un and the political representative he sent to the Winter Olympics? (brother and sister)
- Who preceded Richard John Seddon as Premier of New Zealand? (John Ballance)
- Which prolific garden and bank plant with blue and white flowers has been declared a weed? (agapanthus)
- In plate tectonics what happens at a subduction zone? (one plate slides under another)
- What is a gibbous moon? (more than half-lighted but less than full)
- Who painted the masterpiece Guernica? (Picasso)
- With which town do you associate the song Poi E? (Patea)
- What is the English name for the kārearea bird? (falcon)
- What was the name given to the route used by the North Vietnamese and Viet Cong to move troops and supplies down from the North to the South? (Ho Chi Minh Trail)