By Alan Tristram
For over five years now the Raumati Station Group has been campaigning strongly for a railway station at Raumati,.
They believe this would be strongly supported by local residents — and now they’re launching a survey to get detailed facts for future action.
The Transport Group has created the survey for Raumati residents, mainly to find out how many people would use a station built at Raumati.
It’s asking people how much they use trains now; and there’s a section asking what the benefits are.
The Transport Group says the survey has been created with advice from Wellington Regional Transport — and the Regional input ensures it will cover information that will be useful for planning.
They say the survey has been piloted, and improved with the feedback, so that it is now ready to go out to the wider public. It can be done online — and there will be house visits to ask people to do the survey on Sunday, April 7,and Sunday, April 14.
The Transport Group says all results will be collated and made public.
The main questions are:
1. Do you travel by train?
2. Would you use the train if certain usability factors were in place?
3. What factors are most important to you? (rate a list of 8 points)
4. Which station would you use if a Raumati Station existed?
5. What times could you use the train?
6. How many days a month do you make a return journey by train?
7. By another means of travel?
8. What is your most common destination?
9. Would you use Raumati Station in conjunction with other transport?
10. What are the advantages of train over car?
The survey is available online at–