Weekend campaign nets no new leadsBy Graeme Trask 31 May 2010
Police looking for missing Kapiti man, Raymond (son) Piper say they haven’t been able to gather any new leads into his disappearance following an area canvas with posters and talking with locals.
Detective Senior Sergeant Mike Oxnam, head of the inquiry said, “we also attended a youth festival held at Paraparaumu Beach as part of their inquiry. And some Kapiti residents also took it upon themselves to search Queen Elizabeth Park, also known as QEII Park, near Paekakariki. I’d like to personally thank these people for what they did over the weekend. This is very much appreciated by Police.”
Mr Piper has not been seen now for more than two weeks after visiting his son and partner, Hanna Lark at their Eatwell Avenue address in Paraparaumu Beach on May 15.
Mr Pipers family made an emotional appeal for help from the public at the Paraparaumu police station last week in front of a packed media conference where spokesperson for the family,Hanna Lark said, “we ask people to check bushes and scrub near their homes and look for any signs of ‘Son’ when walking in parks or reserves.The past days have been the worst we have ever faced in our lives, not knowing when,or if, son is going to come walking through that door and we can pretend the nightmare never began.”
Police have not ruled out foul play
Detective Senior Sergeant Mike Oxnam says,”as each day goes by the possibility of finding Mr Piper alive becomes less of a reality.”
Anyone with any information,
Detective Senior Sergeant Mike Oxnam is urging anyone with any information to contact Police as soon as possible on either 0800 FIND RAY, by emailing Findray@police.govt.nz or by texting 027 241 1394.