- The latest challenge can be done by scrolling down to July 18.
- Remember that no correspondence, computers or cell phones may be entered into!
- Answers below.
- Melania Trump was born in Slovakia, The Czech Republic, Slovenia or Croatia? (Slovenia)
- Which famous British adventure writer became Governor-General of Canada? (John Buchan)
- Name the European political leader who married his teacher. (Emmanuel Macron)
4. In a mountain landscape what is a névé? (A snowfield)
5. Name the prize-winning novel based around the story of a boy in a boat with a tiger on board. (Life of Pi)
6. Where in New Zealand is Halfmoon Bay? (Stewart Island)
7. What did 20 pounds 10 shillings and sixpence become when New Zealand converted to decimal currency? ($41.05)
8. Which native animal in North America is known as a prairie wolf? (coyote)
9. Complete the line from Rupert Brooke’s poem – If I should die, think only this of me: That there’s some corner of a foreign field That is forever England
10. Maputo (Lourenço Marques) is the capital of which east African country? (Mozambique)